POINT BLANK, TEXAS
(936) 377-2104
"A Caring Congregation Sharing God's Love"
HOME EVENTS PHOTOS LOCATION
In the Spring of 1974, a group of 15 people met in the home of Floyd and Lois Ireland to discuss starting a Bible class—and the Lake Front Bible Class had its beginning.

On November 16, 1974, the Class met to discuss becoming a Church. This was the wish of the group and POINT BLANK COMMUNITY CHURCH became a reality.

The constitution of SPRING BRANCH COMMUNITY CHURCH was presented and adopted. It was also decided the Charter Members would be those joining the fellowship prior to the dedication of the church. PBCC has 44 charter members.

Bro. Eddie Adams, one of the Bible class speakers, was called as pastor of the church. On April 19, 1975, the building site was obtained on the Robinson Cemetery property from the heirs of Aubrey Hugh Robinson, Ruby Lee Harwood and Fannie Rose Tyson. A week later PBCC met to get the approval of the congregation to build the church. On October 26, 1975 (a mere 6 months after acquisition of the land) the church was dedicated. Lake Livingston became the churches backyard and our baptismal pool. The total cost of the church was $52,000. The balance owing at the time of dedication was only $25,000. In 1978, the mortgage was burned.

In 1985, Coy Lively was called as Associate Pastor and the Wednesday night Bible Study and adult Sunday School class was started.  Bro. Eddie Adams retired in April 1989 and Bro. Lively accepted the position as full time pastor. Due to health reasons, he resigned at the end of the year. Bro. Robert Cave was hired as pastor and served until June 1999.

During these 25 years, we began supporting 9 missionaries; a cemetery fence project was completed; a choir was organized under the direction of Al Moody, Jerry McBee and later Paul Terrall; fish fries, pot luck meals, White Elephant parties and a Widow/Widowers Banquet became regular fellowship events; our kitchen was renovated, pews installed in alcoves and additional parking was added and in 1992 the first Vacation Bible School was held under the direction of Dick Walker.

June 2000, Bro. Jack Bailey (his motto “have Bible, will sing or preach”) accepted the pastor-ship by unanimous vote of the congregation. During the next 11 years, we saw many changes. Memorial gifts and gifts by anonymous donors were always welcome. An elevator, two stained glass windows and a digital piano are just a few of these gifts. Three new missionaries were added to our list of support. Paul Terrall retired as Director of Music to be replaced by Faye Wallace. After many years the church bell was resurrected and installed on a tower near the front walkway. The bell tolls each Sunday morning. Col. William J. Blythe, Sr. donated the bell to the church. Early pictures of the church show it installed in a tower mounted on the roof. It was taken from a wrecked steamboat that had sunk in the Trinity River near Point Blank. A new Sunday School class room was built with 3 classes held each Sunday morning. Early in 2010, a special flag raising ceremony and celebration was held to mark the installation of a flagpole at the entrance of the church. The flagpole was donated as part of the beautification of the Robinson’s Family Cemetery and church grounds.

Although during these years there was much joy, sadness also occurred when our beloved Bro. Jack was diagnosed 4 different times with lung cancer. Even though he put up a courageous battle, he left us to be with his Lord and Savior on June 24, 2012.

In the fall of 2012, Dusty Rhodes replaced Faye Wallace as Director of Music. God always takes care of us and after much prayer Brother Don Davis accepted the pastor-ship on September 1, 2012.

Both collectively and individually we can say, truly Lord,
MORNING BY MORNING NEW MERCIES I SEE:
ALL I HAVE NEEDED THY HAND HATH PROVIDED
GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS, LORD UNTO ME!
   Chisholm
HISTORY OF ROBINSON CEMETERY
In 1838, George T. Wood moved to Texas and established a cotton plantation known as San Jacinto County today. He was the second Governor of Texas serving from 1847-1849. He is credited with starting the state library in Texas, the establishment of public schools, and the penitentiary system in Huntsville.

In the middle 1800’s the land was sold to William Robinson but when Governor Wood died in 1858 he was buried on the land. For years there was not a marker. About the beginning of the administration of Governor Joseph Sayers (1898) there was some discussion about removing the remains of Governor Wood to the State cemetery at Austin, but no action was taken. This would have proved impossible, as all evidence of the grave had practically disappeared, and at that time there were some three or four pine trees growing on the grave, some of them being as much as two feet in diameter. Harry Robinson, William Robinson’s grandson, as well as Tod Robinson of Point Blank, also a grandson of William Robinson, kept track of the spot where Governor Wood was buried. They had the grave cleared and kept it in repair until the monument was built in 1911, when an iron fence was placed around the grave. Tod Robinson moved the monument on a wagon pulled by oxen from a rail spur in Oakhurst to the site of the grave. 

In January 1938, Ora L. Robinson left four acres of this property to her 3 heirs, Ruby Lee Harwood, Fannie Rose Tyson and Aubry Hugh Robinson to be used for cemetery purposes. Martha Wood, wife of Gov. Wood was also buried in the cemetery near his monument. Many heirs of William Robinson are also buried in this cemetery. The earliest marker is Gilbert Robinson, 1885. The latest is Bess Blythe in 2011. 

A historical marker about Gov. Wood was placed near the entrance to the cemetery in 1970.
SERVICE TIMES
SUNDAY
9:00 AM & 6:00 PM
WEDNESDAY
6:00 PM
See Complete Schedule
UPCOMING EVENTS
Please view the monthly calendar for the schedule of all upcoming church events.
View Complete Calendar
HOME  |  CONTACT  |  LOCATION  |  PBCC LOGIN  |  PBCC MEMBERS  |